Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chapter Twenty Six

I counted the dots on my ceiling. I connected them. When I had finished that, I made up stories for the dot creatures. And when I was done that, I stared at the ceiling some more.

There was a knock on the door.

"No!"

"Alice."

"I'm changing," I didn't move.

"Grey is here." My mother sounded anxious. I could imagine her on the other side of the door, leaning back, wondering what to do with her screwed up daughter. Well, she could do whatever she darn well pleased. I wasn't moving.

"Alice, please unlock the door and let Grey in." I didn't say anything. She sighed heavily and her footsteps sounded away from the door. I imagined her telling Grey how sorry she was, but Alice is feeling sick right now, why don't you come back another time thank-you-very-much. I felt a little sorry, but I got over it.

The ceiling was an off white cream colour. There were small little scratches and a few little dots. There was a mark from where I had thrown a sticky frog up there a few years back.

Pling.

I jumped and swiveled my head around. A face peered in at me from the window. I rolled my eyes angrily, getting up. I threw open the window.

"What'd you want Grey?"

1 comment:

Mekkin said...

ummm, I think your missing Chapter 25. Keep at it though!